Popularna pretraživanja: engleski, MBA, programiranje
The Doctorate in Business Administration offers a programme of in-depth study and personal scholarship. Studying the DBA provides you and your organisation with leading edge development in management thinking. It enables you to develop and then apply the latest business and management theories to your own working environment.
The DBA allows you to make a difference to the way that management and professional practice is developed in your specialist area such as
– organisation and management
– human resources management
– tourism, hospitality and events
– public sector management
– strategy and change
– organisational behaviour
– operation management and leadership
– corporative and quantitative finance
– accounting, auditing and taxes
– corporate governance
– marketing and selling strategy
– corporate social responsible management practices
– an entrepreneur
It is for those who want the opportunity to become a recognised contributor to management thinking and advanced professional practice. Grounded in evidence-based research and a full doctoral thesis, equivalent in status to the PhD, this is the highest achievable qualification in higher education.
The DBA enables managers and senior professionals to pursue their academic, personal and career development goals. It builds on your existing academic, business and managerial experience, enhancing your professional credibility and differentiating you from your peers.
|Location||ZSEM / SHU|
|Tuition Fee||35.200,00 Eur|
|Studies Abroad||International modules at Sheffield Hallam University|
|END AWARD/AWARD TITLE(S)||Doctor of Business Administration|
|Year 1||Module 1: Leadership, management and organisation theory||ZSEM||February / June|
|Module 2: Philosophies of research in business and management||ZSEM / SHU||June / October|
||ZSEM||February / June|
|Module 4: Research Design in Business and Management||ZSEM||June / October|
|Year 3||Research Proposal (DB2) Presentations||ZSEM||February & May|
|Year 4||Preparation & Presentation of Thesis||ZSEM|
You can apply directly for enrolment in the DBA programme if you hold or will have obtained the following:
- an MBA, or masters qualification in a relevant area
- if you are pursuing, or have pursued, a significant career in professional or business areas that fall within the research interests of Sheffield Business School and Zagreb School of Economics and Management
- if you display evidence of your potential to develop work of doctoral standard
Exceptionally, we may consider applicants without a masters degree who
- have a good first degree in an appropriate discipline
- have at least three years’ management or professional experience that reflects the research interests of Sheffield Business School and Zagreb School of Economics and Management
- can demonstrate continued development/education since graduation
Since this programme is taught in English, you have to demonstrate level C1 (CEFR) proficiency in one of the following:
- IELTS 7.0 overall with no element under 6.5
- TOEFL iBT test with an overall score of 100 with a minimum of 23 in listening, 23 in reading, 26 in writing and 22 in speaking
You also need to talk to the course or programme leader to ensure that
- you meet the admissions criteria
- you have the potential ability to complete the course successfully within four years
- you can demonstrate intellectual curiosity, a capacity for critical analysis of issues, and the ability to abstract and formulate underlying principles in a systematic way
- your proposed area of research is appropriate to the programme
If you do not have such academic qualifications we may consider your application individually, based on your personal, professional and work experience, and other formal qualifications.
Overall Tuition Fee for academic year at Sheffield Hallam is 2017/2018: € 35.200,00
The first generation of DBA students can apply for the scholarship in the amount of €14.200,00.
The tuition fee of €21.000,00, including ZSEM scholarship, is payable in the following yearly installments:
First year: € 7.350,00 (35%)
Second year: € 7.350,00 (35%)
Third year: € 3.150,00 (15%)
Fourth year: € 3.150,00 (15%)
Every additional year: € 2.100,00 (10%)
Sheffield Hallam University
Zagreb School of Economics and Management (ZSEM) offers the part-time Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) program in collaboration with Sheffield Business School (SBS), one of the main faculties at Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) in Sheffield, UK. SHU is renowned for its modern facilities, dynamic approach to teaching and learning and high levels of student support. With 34,000 students from over 100 countries worldwide and 3,000 staff members it is one of the UK’s largest and most progressive universities. The students and staff benefit from the £100 million which SHU has invested in state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities with a further £70 million to be invested over the next two years.
Sheffield Hallam’s research programme was ranked in the top five of all UK modern universities in the most recent national Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014. The e-learning system at SHU is one of the most extensive and advanced in the country, providing access to resources and support when and where you need them. A resource rich learning centre with excellent IT facilities which are open 24 hours a day, every week of the year.
Sheffield Business School has a national and international reputation for delivering postgraduate and professional management development programs. With over thirty years of experience in research and teaching in business and management, SBS is involved in a diverse range of pure and applied research, covering most areas of business and management.
6 reasons for DBA
- International Doctor of Business Administration Degree
The Doctor of Business Administration, DBA, represents a highly respected academic degree which can open doors into and within the international business world. According to UK law DBA is equivalent degree to PhD.
- High Quality and Recognition
The DBA of ZSEM and SBS is a widely recognized doctoral program whose participants benefit from the outstanding quality of research and education in both universities.
- Flexible Setting & Structured Program
Due to its flexible setting, the DBA allows its participants to pursue a doctoral degree without having to put their careers on hold./li>
Studying with candidates from mid-level and high-level management that have international careers.
- Strong Partners
ZSEM and SHU are both internationally-renowned universities forming a team of strong and well-connected partners.
- Individual Approach
Individual work with mentor based on professional research which is aligned to your specialist research focus